Countdown to my birthday........

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Purpose of Summer

Summer is supposed to be a vacation. Days free of work. Relaxation. Your are supposed to do whatever you want. At least supposed to. But noooooooooooo, you have to do math, and read, and write, just so "your brain cells don't start to die." What if people don't want to do math or write? Then they shouldn't have to, right? Some people just don't understand what summer is. 
"No cellphone until you finish that chapter." 
"40 problems then you can go to Sweetfrog."
"23 sentences! One word does not count as a sentence!" 
No, just no. That is not summer, that is school. It irritates me so much. Summer is summer. Summer is NOT  a continuation of school. School ends for a reason. The reason is not just so kids have to even MORE work. If that was their goal, then we wouldn't have a summer! But we do! Therefore, we should use it as it was meant to be used. AND they send out the school supply list the first week of summer?!?! I mean, What Is This??? I bet they DON'T want us to have a good summer. All they want is for us to dwell on the upcoming school year. "These innocent little children think they are going to have fun over the summer! Psh! Fun? I don't know the meaning of fun! MUAHAHAHAHA!" says every school administrator in the world. Don't you think it's a little early for that? I don't know, it might just be me, but I definitely don't want to think about that yet.

8 comments:

  1. Summer is supposed to be vacation. So, don't say you're bored. There's a whole world to be discovered. If you don't make your own fun,I am going to make it for you. And since I am not your dancing circus monkey here to entertain you, the fun I make isn't going to be that fun. However I did get my bike ready so we can have lots of activities together.

    I love you! HAGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Blog. Ever. I am glad to hear what the children really think. And also, its what you get for having two teachers for parents. My kids have been doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms all summer because I don't want to do either.-Rhaea signed in as Avery because I can't figure out how to change that.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhh - be careful what you ask for - the powers that be just might think you are asking for LESS summer and MORE school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could build a rocket or fight a mummy or climb up the Eiffel Tower.
    You could discover something that doesn't exist or give a monkey a shower.
    You could surf tidal waves, create nanobots, or locate Frankenstein's brain.
    You could find a dodobird, paint a continent, or drive your sister insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could walk or bike over her! Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better listen to you parents and do what they say, 'cause I never had to do any of that stuff all summer long and look how I turned out. ...Rocky...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the nickelodeon affect? Do we all think we should be living in our own pad too! Like Zach and Cody? Or I carliegh???;)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. Aimeeeeee! get your math book out.

    ReplyDelete