Countdown to my birthday........

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

counting the days

This is usually the time of the year where most kids hit a slump. It's schoolwork after schoolwork. Folders are all breaking, pencils have magically vanished, and worst of all, the end is in sight. That sounds good right? The end is in sight! yay! not.  It makes it harder to push through the loads of assignments, and you're just ready to quit. Well, when you have a tiny break it makes it just a little bit easier.

No, not spring break (though that is great), a personal vacation. I'm talking about getting out of school when no one else is. A week from now, my family and I will be touring Spain. My mom won an award for teaching and the celebration is in Barcelona, Spain. While she is in conferences, my sister, dad and I will be exploring the dangerous yet exciting streets of Barcelona. Although my mom will not be touring with us most of the time, the last day that we are there, our whole family will go out and visit our favorite places. According to the research that my sister and mom have done, there is an amazing shopping mall right across the street from our hotel. Also, not too far, there are many buildings and amazing architectural achievements. The thing that I am  most excited about is the church that was started centuries ago, but is still not finished.

Stay tuned for more exciting selfies and photos of Barcelona!!

1 comment:

  1. Carleigh,
    I really enjoyed reading this post. It's a great story, but it's also a pleasure to read well-written prose. As a sometime proofreader, I have a critical eye for grammar-spelling-punctuation shortcomings. None of that in your writing.
    Looking forward to more of your reports.
    Love, Rocky...

    ReplyDelete