Countdown to my birthday........

Friday, March 14, 2014

WAIT ONE MORE DAY WHAT HAPPENED WHAT











These past few days have gone by like that *snaps fingers*. Whenever we got back from our daily adventure(s) (usually always more than one adventure), we put our tired pies up (pee-es, that means feet in Spanish) , and appreciated the gratis (again, that means free) wifi. Although I was busy, I do remember the general idea. So, take a look into my life for the past few days, and hopefully I'll be better about updates in the future.
Monday-ARRIVE IN BARCELONA YAY
it didn't start off too great. The airline wasn't able to transfer our luggage from flight to flight, so we were without bags for a while. After that we went to the mall for a little while and got some dinner. While Katie and my dad had Spanish Tapas,  my mom and I had pasta. Yep, that's what we do, go to Spain, and get simple pasta.
Tuesday- our first real day out exploring.
We went to the Gothic quarter and la boqueria (a market)
The gothic quarter was amazing. There were lots of incredible buildings that really had me feeling European.

cathedral in background

There was also a great cathedral.

 La Boqueria was a lot of fun, although it was a little disturbing at some points. There were a lot of animals with everything still on them, including rabbits, pigs, and seafood. I found the seafood  the grossest because  the eyes were still intact.
Everything else was very good though! We each got a fruit smoothie for one Euro, they were amazing.

Wednesday- Day Two
The Gaudi House-  all I can say is WOW. It was amazing. Just some background information… Gaudi was a famous architect. We visited a house designed by him. It was great! An audio guide explained what each room was. In my opinion, the best area was the roof. There were lots of columns that were shaped liked crowns. There was also a decorative wall that was supposed to represent a dragon , from a Spanish legend.  Probably my favorite so far.



Thurday -  Let’s just say that it was an interesting day.
We started with the museum of art. It was great! We had lunch at a little deli outside of the museum. I was way too hungry to care about what I was eating, so I found a sandwich that didn’t look incredibly terrible and devoured it.
 After the museum, we wanted to visit the castle at Mont Juic.  Here’s where it gets interesting. We pulled up our GPS and searched for the castle. It wasn’t that far away so we decided to walk there. But, it turns out that the walk was straight. Up. Hill. When we finally got to the castle, it was obvious that it was all worth it.
The castle overlooked the whole city and the Mediterranean sea. Beautiful view.






Luckily there was a lift down the mountain, so we didn’t have to walk the whole way down.
When we finally arrived back at the hotel, after a long day of walking  and  traveling, we ordered room service. I was so hungry, I probably could have ordered one of everything. I decided on a steak with asparagus, and  some weird form of potatoes. Holy cow, easily the best dinner I have ever had. It very well could have been the fact that I was extremely hungry, but it was so, plus fifty more o’s, good.
Friday- today.
We are taking a day off  and resting in the hotel. We took a small trip to the mall, and are hanging out. Hopefully, I’ll be able to actually accomplish some homework, for  I have been way too busy/ tired to do any of it. If all goes well, we will take my mom  to all of our favorite places tomorrow.

One more day in Barcelona! Then heading back to VA, just in time for my birthday on the 22nd.  :)

2 comments: